Weekend workshop in Brighton – 7 steps for passing the ‘Living in the UK’ test
What is a ‘residence card’? – It is a stepping stone for UK citizenship
Brexit means Britain Exit the European Union (EU).
IYE International and historian Kevin Newman, author of a string of books about the history of Brighton buildings, have created an amazing course ‘Living in the UK’ that enables you to take the ‘Living in the UK’ test with ease. If you don’t need to take the test to remain in the UK this course will help you to understand English Culture and history.
The workshop will give you the chance to learn the story behind the questions (in the test) and to fully understand everything about living in the UK.
The course is packed with information from:
- Early Britain, Values & Principles of the UK, Confidence building measures, Course resources, Glossary, A modern thriving society, Currency,
- Languages, dialects and population, Religion, Main religious festivals, Arts and culture, architecture, Leisure, national flowers, shopping, food cooking.
- Further, Civil service & Local Government, Media, Electoral register, Visiting Parliaments/DAS, UK & International Institutions, Commonwealth, EU, COE, UN and NATO.
- Respecting the law: UK law; Police & their duties; terrorism and extremism
- The Middle Ages – Parliament; Wars of the Roses, A Global Power, Constitutional Monarchy & The Bill of Rights, Prime Minister, Enlightenment and the IR,
- Trade and Empire – Slave Trade, War of Independence, War with France and Union. Victorian Age, Trade and increased empire.
- The Twentieth Century WWI, Ireland, 1920s-30s and WWII, Social Change in the 1960s – British Inventions, Problems in the 1970s – Margaret Thatcher in the 1980s, Labour Government 1997-2010, Conflicts in Afghanistan & Iraq – The Coalition Government 2010-2015
We will run a lot of small tests throughout the course. Water, coffee, tea and lunch is included in the price, all you have to do is to turn up and enjoy.
In short everything you want to know to enhance the joy of living in the UK. Native English speakers welcome if you feel this would be interesting for you too.
Weekend workshops contact us for further information and get a quote for group bookings, in-house training at cooperate prices in Sussex and London.
For further information about the test please see http://www.lifeintheuktestweb.co.uk/frequently-asked-questions/ and to find out more about if our workshop is for you.
During the IYE International ‘Living in the UK’ workshop you will be taught the subject and have frequent tests in a friendly environment and you will have the chance to ask questions. You will be able to sign up for private English tuition if you feel you need to learn more English vocabulary, enhance your listening skills and improve communications skills.
How do I know if I need to take this test?
Find out here https://www.gov.uk/government/news/statement-the-status-of-eu-nationals-in-the-uk