Worried about Brexit? Then become a ‘BritCit’!
Two day workshops in Brighton to help you become a British Citizen by passing the ‘Life in the UK’ test.
Get your permission to stay in the UK in place before Britain leaves the European Union. As Britain goes for Brexit (British Exit from the EU), then you want your own ‘Brentrance’ and we can help.
IYE International and historian Kevin Newman, Life In The UK (LITUK) tutor, examiner and author of a range of history books, have created an amazing ‘Living in the UK’ course that enables you to take the test with ease. The test features mostly history and citizenship studies, two topics Kevin has taught widely to people of all ages. Kevin has experience of helping a number of candidates through the test.
The workshop will give you the chance to learn the course content and how best to tackle the questions in the test. You will also find you understand far more about living in the UK.
The course is packed with information from:
- Early Britain, the Middle Ages – Parliament; Wars of the Roses, Britain as a global power, constitutional monarchy & the Bill of Rights, Prime Ministers, the Enlightenment and the Industrial Revolution, Trade and Empire. The slave trade, War of Independence, war with France and Union, The Victorian Age
- The Twentieth Century WWI, Ireland, 1920s-30s and WWII, Social Change in the 1960s – British inventions, problems in the 1970s – Margaret Thatcher in the 1980s, Labour Government 1997-2010, conflicts in Afghanistan & Iraq – the Coalition Government 2010-2015
- Values & principles of the UK, The UK as a modern thriving society, currency and traditions
- Languages, dialects and population, religions, main religious festivals, arts and culture, architecture, leisure, national flowers, shopping, food and cooking
- Your role in the UK as a citizen: The Civil service & Local Government, the media, the electoral register, visiting Parliament, the UK’s & International Institutions, the Commonwealth, EU, UN and NATO
- Respecting the law: UK law; the police & their duties; terrorism and extremism
We will run a lot of small tests throughout the course. Water, coffee, tea and lunch is included in the price, all you have to do is to turn up and enjoy.
In short everything you want to know to enhance the joy of living in the UK.
Courses run from 9am to 5pm and each day finishes with a visit to a ‘traditional old English pub’ where you are tested in teams in the style of a ‘pub quiz’!
Weekend workshops go to booking page for further information